Monday, January 16, 2012

Hey Everybody New Posts beginning.

Well it sure has been a while since I have posted on my blog. I believe I am going to start posting again starting today. I will try to have one once a week. I am not making any promises. As we enter this new year I have had alot on my mind. We are have celebrated four years at JBC this was in September. God has been good. We are once again at crossroads at the church. There isn't any problems as far as I know but I believe a Spirit of Complacency as entered in the church. One thing that helps me is to know we aren't the only one going through it. So I want to blog for a couple of minutes on this thought A Spirit of Complacency.
Websters definition:
: self-satisfaction especially when accompanied by unawareness of actual dangers or deficiencies
2
: an instance of usually unaware or uninformed self-satisfaction

You say what you mean preacher. I mean we have become satisfied where we are in Our Walk, Our Worship, Our Witness. As the preacher said yesterday we ought not be satisfied with where we are Spiritually until our feet our on the street of God. I believe that is the truth. The more I get in my Bible and Study the more I know I don't know much at all. People are satisfied with where their church is at. I will give you a couple of reasons how this is entering our churches.

I A Lack of Faithfulness
Not only to the church services which I still believe you ought to be there when the doors are open. Their Studying, Their Supplication(prayers) and their Service. People serve Jesus out of Convience not out of Commitment.

II. A Lack of Fervency
We all must guard against lukewarmness. I want to be on fire for the Lord. I am afraid many our not nor our they concerned they are not. People blame the Preacher, the People for losing their fire for God. My problem with that is they just go through the motions. Whether people are on fire, or the pastor is on fire ought not matter. You ought to be on fire for your Lord.

We are going to give an account one day before the Lord and no excuse is going to do why we didn't do what we where suppose to do for the Lord. I trust this is a blessing to those that read.

No comments: