Thursday, January 08, 2009

Fellowshipping With God

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Before I get started on what the Lord has on my heart this morning I wanted to say Praise God for another year. Last year I finished my first year of pastoring in Sept and all in all things went well. Last year me and my wife got that dreaded word that none of us want to hear and that is she had cancer, but praise the Lord that it was the non-agressive type and even though it ruin any chance for us to have a child of our own God saw us through by his grace.

Now I know all us have things we loved last year with our relationship with our Lord and I know we all had those times that we may not have been as closed as we could have been. I told our church this is the theme for this year. It really is the most important thing in our Christian Life. It really doesn't matter how much you teach, preach, sing, reach lost people or anything else you do in the church. We must have a personal walk with our Lord. I am convinced that many burn out in church because they do all their labor for the Lord in the flesh. We have so many helps today. You can find SUnday School Lessons for the year , or sermons for the year online and not have to put much study in and still fake it front of the class or the church. As we find in this passage of Scripture this is the last church of the church age. I believe this is the age we are living in. We have many programs in the church but we have forgotten the most important part and that is the power of God. Most churches across our great land used to have the power of God in the church but what has happened. I have several evangelist friends who I have talked to and they say most churches they go in they ain't much going on in the church. There is no doubt in my mind that many churches today in America that the Lord is on the outside of the church and even though is to be our head he isn't even in the church.

With that being said we can have a personal walk with God. I asked our church how much time do you really spend with God in a week. I didn't want them to answer that because I didn't want them to embarass themselves. No doubt today many Christians don't pick up the Bible outside of church and read it. This is shown in the way they live and by how Bible illiterate they are. Just pastoring over a year now we have many people that have been saved for years that don't even understand the elementary things of the Word of God. I really pray that our people would understand the importance of God's Word in their life. That is where fellowship begins in the Word of God. The second part of that fellowship is our Prayer Life. How often do we pray to God. Most Christians spend less than 10 minutes a day in prayer and we wonder why there is no power in our life. Much prayer, much power, less prayer, less power.

I know in my life I want this to be the most fruitful of my ministry. I believe it starts in that personal worship with our God. Once we learn personal worship, then our personal walk will honor God, and lastly that personal walk will lead us to personally witness to others about the Lord. Just a few thoughts the Lord layed on my heart this morning. God bless you till next time.

No comments: