Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Some Thoughts from a historic but Sad Day for America

As I sit here pondering on the thought that we now have a president elect that many of us born Again Christians didn't want. Before I truly get started it is a historic day to put a man that is no of the white race in office to be the president of the United States. I did not vote against Obama because he was black. Some sadly did vote that way and that shows as a nation how much further we truly need to go. So it was historical in one sense but the sadness of the day is that we now have a man in that literally on T.V. told us if his daughter got pregnant he would want her to get rid of the mistake. How sad? We have a man now that no doubt will divide Israel's land. We now have the most liberal man ever to be in Senate going to be running this country. With all that being said this country deserved what it got. We have long kick Jesus out of almost all public things. We as a Christian people in the majority have told God let me run my life and let me do what I want to do. Things we use to call sin our no longer sin. The excuse we use today is I have liberty. We forget what that wonderful verse in I Cor 10:31 tells us and that is to bring glory to God in all things. We forgot that God still expects his people to be holy and righteous. He still expects us to be different. I hate to say that the majority of the church makes God sick. Now as we journey through these next couple of years maybe God's people will truly come back to him. I haven't pastored long but I am convinced that our lips praise him but our heart is far from him. The road will be hard I believe for real Christians over the next few years. But the church has always strived when facing persecution. I am not God so I don't know how bad it may get for Christians that believe the truth. Will we face churches being closed down? Will we face the threat of jail if we preach the Bible? Will we face martydom at sometime I don't know? Here is what I am going to do over the next few years. I will pray for Mr Obama to trust Jesus Christ as his Savior. I will pray that our nation will turn back to a Holy God in repentance. I will pray that my life will glorify my Lord and that whatever I may face I know that God's grace will get me through. To close maybe we are that much closer to the return of Christ. May we end this post with what John said Even So Come Quickly Lord Jesus. Till next time God Bless you and remember it is our duty to pray for our leaders. I Timothy 2:1'2.

2 comments:

Sis. Julie said...

We sure do need to trust God and pray more than ever before!! But just as I was reminded last night by Bro. Maddox...we need to pray for our new president-elect. The Bible commands us to pray for those in positions of government. And he is no different. He just needs more prayer than others we have had..don't you think?

God help our nation and have mercy on us too!!!

Megan said...

Tim

I just posted something I would like for you to read for input.

Thanks,
Megan