Thursday, October 09, 2008

Do We Give God Glory

I Cor 10:31Whether therefore ye eat, or drink or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.This is a powerful verse. I thank God that he saved me when I was 17 but God did not save me just to sit on a pew. God expects us to give him glory in this life. He is worthy of all glory. I also know reading the Bible that GOd will not share his glory with anyone. I heard a preacher one day say that the reason he doesn't believe we have seen a sweeping revival is because we have to many preachers that take the glory just before God does something. THis is sad. God wants us to bring glory in several area's of our life.

Does are Lips bring God glory?We should praise the Lord everyday we get up because the Lord has given another day of breathing his air. It is easy to praise God when everything is alright but we are too bring him glory when the walls are caving in on our life. Besides praise how about the way we speak to others. Does our conversation bring God glory or does it appease the flesh. We should have a godly conversation. It is hard to bring him glory when one gossips, or backbites or just cuts people down. THis shouldn't happen as a Christian but I know I have been guilty of this in my own life. Shame on me.

Does our Labour bring him GLory.We either labour in the power of the flesh or Labour in the power of the Spirit. The reason people get burn out is because they are trying to bring glory to what they have done instead of bringing glory to God by what God has done through them. When we sing does it bring him glory or self glory, when we teach does bring him glory or self glory, when we lead people to Christ does it bring him glory or self glory. If it brings self glory then it is just burned up works.

Does our Life bring him GloryThe only way my life brings him glory is when it is surrendered to him fully. He wants our lives more than anything else.Does my daily habits bring him glory.Does my dress bring him glory.We either bring glory to his name in everything we do or we bring shame to his name in what we do.To close May the Lord remind us today to bring glory to his holy name because he is worthy and is the least I can do for everything he has done for me. God bless till next time.

3 comments:

Sis. Julie said...

I know that every aspect of our lives should bring glory to our Lord and Savior. However...unfortunately we have times when for whatever reason we don't. I know I have had moments lately that I haven't. I've found myself complaining about different things and not understanding either. Bro. Charles Wright preached for us Wed. night and he preached on this very thing. He preached on the blessings life. When we all left that night we were all praising the Lord and counting our blessings.

Jerry Bouey said...

Thanks Bro Tim for this reminder to glorify the Lord in all we do.

JTR said...

Hi, not sure if you're interested, but I just started this blogroll.

http://ifbkjv.blogspot.com/