Thursday, July 10, 2008

When we are Tried

Job 23:10

But he knoweth the way I take, when he hath tried me I shall come forth as gold.

In this life we go through many storms that we sometimes don't understand. I believe we have storms from Satan that has to go through the throne room of God, I believe we have storms from reaping what we have sown, and lastly I believe God sends storms to conform us into the image of his Son. We all know the story of Job where he lost about everything in Chapters 1.2 and then has his friends accuse him of sinning against God. Isn't like us sometimes to do this. When someone is going through something sometimes our mind wanders and starts wondering what sin did that person commit to deserve that. I am not saying that we are not chastize for what we do but sometimes things happen to us to see how faithful we will be to God. As I look at this verse I see a couple of things that I hope will be a blessing and help to those that read.

I. God KnowsUs
I think sometimes we forget that God knows everything. I believe our minds can not comprehend this sometimes there are multiple verse in the Bible that says His eyes see every thing. I am reminded of Galatians where it says God is not mocked sometimes I think in our heart that we are hiding from God those things that are not pleasing but he knew them before I did them. But I want to take a different direction on this. God has set a path for me to walk in, and though sometimes I don't like what I have to go through God has my best interest at heart.

II. God Tries Us
I Peter 4:12 tells us we will be tried. God I believe tests several things in our life when he tries us.
I believe first he tests our love for him. We love the Lord when everything is going alright, but it seems like when the fires come sometimes we blame God for what we are going through. We are to love God through the blessings of life, and we are to love him through the valleys of life.
I believe second he tests are faithfulness for him. It seems like when I am going through it or when I disagee with God in what he is doing that are start lacking in my prayer life, and in my bible reading.
I believe we can tie these things together with one word. That word is obedience are we going to obey God in whatever we go through or are we just going to obey him when everything is going great.

Sometimes I wonder when God tries me why am I going through this but then this verse tells m that I may come forth as gold. There are impurities in all of are life, and just as goldsman has to put heat on the God to bring the impurities to the top so they can be taken out of the gold for it to be pure. This is ultimately what God is doing in our lives he is trying to get the impurities out of our life so we are conform into the image of his Son. I don't know about you but there are still impurities that he must get out so I know testing times are coming. As a matter of fact until Jesus comes back we must realize that we have times of testing. Will we get bitter or will we get better? God bless you till next time.

1 comment:

Sis. Julie said...

Amen!! I know that these trials come fast and furious at times too. Sometimes we feel like we just can't take anything else. Thankfully He knows the capability of what we can handle. The only thing I can do and should do is deal with each trial how He would have me to. Unfortunately....I don't do that all the time. I am so ready for the trumpet to sound so none of us will have to deal with anymore heartache....aren't you?