Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sitting at the Feet of Our Savior

Luke11:42
But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part.The story here is the story where Martha is working and working and Mary is at the feet of Jesus learning from Jesus. The Lord speaking here says that mary chose the needful thing.

As I write this post so many saved people have forgot the needful thing. We do so much of the Lord's work in the flesh and we wonder why we get so tired in our lives. We wonder why we get to the point where we are ready to quit on God. We probably have all been there but hopefully none of us in our heart have quit on God. We have to learn that we can not live this life in the energy of the flesh. THere are some things that happen when we sit on the feet of Jesus.

I. We have a Better Appreciation of the Savior.One of the greatest myths that are baptist preachers preach in this country is the more I serve the closer I get to God. That is so false. I know there was a time in my life that I serve and I was probably the furthest I have ever been from God. When we sit and learn from the Lord what he done for us. We appreciate him more. We need to appreciate most of all for our Salvation, but we have much to brag on our Lord for. He gives us strength through the hardtimes. He gives us stability when we are falling apart. He is a great Savior. We must get to know him like Paul said in Phillipians 3. THe only way we do that is sitting at his feet.

II. We have a better Attitude toward Service.What I mean is it seems like when we don't sit at his feet we get to a point where we have a poor attitude and people see it. THey see our poor attitude and we damage our testimony for Christ. WHen I sit at the Lord's feet it gives me the attitude of graditude and I want to serve my Lord the best I can. THe attitudes we get are the following.We can get a selfish attitude.We can get a sour attitude.But the Lord wants us to have a spirit-filled attitude and the only way that happens is when I get to his feet and learn how to live that kind of life.
There is nothing wrong with a Child of God just stopping for a little while and sit at Jesus feet. As matter of fact I believe the only way we live a victorious Christian life is not by how much I do for my Savior but by how much time I spend at the Saviors feet. God bless you till next time

3 comments:

Nicholas Z. Cardot said...

What a convicting post. You are so right about the relationship between service for God and gentle fellowship with God. A lot of people get it completely backwards. Thanks for the challenge. I was convicted!

Also, as a side note, your name got selected over at my site as the winner of a ten dollar gift certificate to any store that you would like! Swing by and check it out so that you can give me a mailing address and the name of a store that you want your gift certificate at! Congratulations.

The Baptist Muse: The Winner of the Tax Time Give Away!

maranatha777 said...

Amen!!! What an excellent post! We should strive to be like Mary instead of like Martha!

Kate

Sis. Julie said...

I'm glad to see you are continuing to post. I know you were discouraged for a while and were considering giving it up. Even if it is just the few that visit here...we all get a blessing when we do. And trust me...there are people who do and they just don't comment. You never know who you are helping. Great post!!