Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year

Praise the Lord we have made it to another year. This last year has been amazing. The beginning of 2007 we were heart broken over losing the two foster children we had for 9 months, but God got us though that hard time with family and several friends at Eaglesview Baptist Church. Then after waiting for several years God opened up the door for us to Pastor in Florida. It has been such a blessing. We have some of the greatest people you would ever want to know. I am so looking forward to what God is going to do through his church, and through his man. I preached Sunday Night at the end of my message on some goals we should have in our Christian Life this next year. It all centers around getting closer to the Lord. I want to challenge each of those that read this blog to do several things as I have challenge our church. The first thing I want to challenge you to do is become a better student of the Word of God. People in our churches just don't know there Bible and that is a shame to them. God gave us his Word to lead and direct us. I want to challenge you not only to read the Word of God, but to obey what God tells you through his Word. Secondly I want to Challenge you to become a Prayer Warrior. This is one area I have asked God to help me in, and that is to have a stronger prayer life. I have had times of being strong, but lots of times it ends in mediocricy. Learn to get ahold of the Lord on a daily basis. Lets make a commitment that we are not just going to use him as a spare tire this year when we are in trouble but that we will go to him in the valley and on the mountain. Thirdly I want to challenge you to be a soulwinner. I challenge our church this year to strive to get one person in the house of God. There are still people out there that need Jesus for salvation we just need to be intune with the Holy Ghost to reach those people. Make a commitment to try your best to lead one person to Christ this year. Lastly I want to encourage you to stay in the middle of God's Will. He has a plan for each of our lives and the best thing I can say is stay in his perfect will. I was given a sailboat in Dec 2006 that sits on my computer desk soon to be in my church office. The Will of God will never lead you where the Grace of God can not keep you. My friends that read this blog lets get as close to the Lord this year because you never know the trumpet could sound this year. God Bless you during this new year.

3 comments:

Randy Scott said...

Thank you for the challenge! I am endeavored to keep my eyes on the prize of the high calling of Christ Jesus.

http://jude3kjb.blogspot.com/

Sis. Julie said...

This is exactly what I'm striving for in my walk with the Lord this year!! I strive for this each year and somehow I feel I fail. But I'm so thankful that God loves us and is there for us in spite of our failures!! We are praying for God to give you and Sis. Crystal the best year of your lives with Him. But it will take staying in His Word and staying on our knees to see this happen!!

Cindy said...

Awesome challenge, I am up for it for sure! Thanks for the New Year wishes! I pray you have a Blessed year!!!

Sorry I have not been leaving comments latley, I am always stopping by though!

Love in Christ,
Cindy