Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Why We Fall into Temptation?

Luke 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the spirit into the wilderness.

In beginning this post we must remember that Jesus is suppose to be our example in everything. If we read Scripture and see how Jesus dealt with situations we would be must stronger Christians if we did as he did. We all face temptation everyday, and most of us even fall into temptation on at least a weekly basis. Last week I fell into temptation a couple times. The devil wants us to quit on God and alot of times the reason saved people quit is because they fall into temptation and get tired of fighting the battle. I believe there is a way we can get victory over every temptation and it is in this passage of scripture but first why do we fall into temptation. I believe three reasons why we do.
I. We rely on Our Strength.
Sometimes we think we our stronger spiritually than we actually are. We have to remember the only strength we have is of the Lord. We so many times face the enemy in our strength and get whopped by him. If we relied on God's strength we would get victory.

II. We rely on Our Smarts.
Sometimes we rely on what we have in our brain to face the temptation. The battle is in the mind. We fail in the mind before we ever fail in the action. We rely on biblical knowledge of so many times to get us through temptation instead of relying on God's knowledge.

III. We rely on Self.
We in the most part our self-driven people and that is the problem. We allow self to control too much of our life. We live our every day lives being controlled by self and wonder why we make a mess of things in our life. The thing we must remember is that we are not our own and that we are bought we with a price. We control too much of our lives and God will let us make our mistakes and continue failing as long as we want control of our life.

NOw I said all this for what i am about to say. The reason we fall into temptation is because we are not spirit-filled. THe Bible says Jesus being full of the Holy GHost was led into the wilderness. Most people I know are not filled with the Holy Ghost and I know this something I strive for but I have not reached in my own life. I do know that I am tired of facing temptation and falling into temptation because I am controlling things. Maybe the reason we fall so much into temptation and fail the Lord so much is because God is trying to get us to the point where we truly surrender all and live a life led by the spirit. I hope something I said here helps us to even make further in our journey but instead of us leading the way lets let the Holy Ghost lead the way. Till next time God Bless.

1 comment:

Sis. Julie said...

You know Bro. Tim...if we would get to the place where we lived Spirit filled lives we would do alot better in alot of different areas of our lives. The problem is we aren't living Spirit filled lives!! I know I desire to...but it such a struggle to do so!! Just when I think I'm there I find that I'm not for if I were I wouldn't respond or react to situations the way that I do....God helps us all!!!