Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Walking Out of God's Will

I usually don't do posts back to back but I feel impressed by the Lord to put a short post up today. After conversating with people I started wondering why would someone walk out of God's Will. We have all heard the phrase the safest place to be is in the middle of God's Will. That brings me to a question how many of us are walking in the Will of God today. I mean you know there is no doubt in your mind that you are in the center of God's Will. I asked you to be careful answering that to quickly. God has a perfect will for all of his children that he wants to perform in our lives, however he gives us the choice to obey or not to obey. I am going to preach a message after I study a little bit more on The Dangers of Purposely Walking out of God's Will. I believe this is very dangerous ground to be on. When we know what God wants and we disobey we really are asking for it. I have heard the Lord allowing people to be put on their backs, and I have heard people having bad accidents for God to get their attention. I know people that would rather die, than find themselves back in his Will. That is very sad. I thank God that many times when we walk outside his will he shows how good he is to us, and most of the time that gets us back in his will. However I know God will chastise us when we step outside of his Will and depending on how hard headed we are that depends on the severity of what happens. I hope all that read this today will make sure that they are in his will because if we are walking outside of his will we are outside the hedge that God has for us. You can look at people in the Bible who walked outside of His Will and what happened to them. We look at Abraham who had a child with hagar outside of God's will and now we see the battle going on in the middle east. We look at Jonah who walked outside God's will and the Lord got his attention by allowing him to be swallowed up by a great fish. We look at David who should have been in battle which was God's Will and he stay home and committed adultery, and committed murder and most of all tried to hide it from God. I hope this stirs our minds and our hearts to stay in the center of His Will. May God bless you till next time.

2 comments:

sis. julie said...

This is a good post and you are so right about being out of God's will. I don't understand how a person would want to live in such a way to be out of God's will and know it yet not do anything to change it. I know that those who I know are out of God's will have heard it preached that there is a sin unto death and that it is dangerous to live out of God's will yet they continue on in their present lifestyle. From talking to those who have lived out of His will for a period of time...they say it is no fun. That there is no peace or joy in living apart from God. I only hope and pray I never get to that point. Thank you for this post.

Jessica said...

I have always said that I don't understand why people would want to get out of God's will. And, as a young christian, I was even so bold as to say that I would never get out of God's will. But after seeing good men of God, and other Christians, get out of God's will, I haven't again said "I will never" because saying "I" without Christ's name means nothing! Over the years since I got saved God has showed me that we are all flesh, and I am no greater than anyone else that I couldn't fall. It has made me realize that I need to be praying that much more that God would help me not get out of His will. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me, but I can do NOTHING on my own!!

Great post Bro. Tim!