Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A Church that Makes God Sick

Rev 3:16
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

The Apostle John is writing here from the island of Patmos. God told John to write seven letters to the churches and now we are on the last church. I believe this is the church age we are living in. I often think with all that goes on today in our world and all the professing people that say they love God I wonder how the body of Christ today makes the Lord feel. I mean you have the feel good gospel out there today where God is love and you can to do it within yourself. Lets not preach on hell, sin, or things of that sort. Then we have the Independent Baptist Movement that can't get along. There is more bikering that goes on in our movement that many souls are going to Hell as a result. But I really don't want to talk about that. The Lord tells us that he would rather us to be cold or hot not in the middle but many churches are living in lukewarmness. They have there singing preaching, and praying but after that they go home till they meet again. I call this getting in a rut. What I believe makes God sick is people in churches pretend on the power of God. They shout because they know when they have to shout, or when the Pastor tells them, they testify about themselves, but most of all you got preachers that stand up across our nation whether baptist or not and claim the Holy Spirit is leading us to do this or that. I believe with all my heart that the majority of what we think the Holy Spirit is doing is man motivated. We don't have to fake the power of God. He says he will give it to us if we are clean before him. God wants to move so much in the midst of the church but too many people want to run things instead of letting the Holy Ghost lead them. I asked this morning what has happen to the power of God. People are flocking to the feel good churches because we have lost touch with his power. The church is to self-reliant today. As long as the bills are being paid and as long as we meet for service then that is all that matters. A reason a church is like that is because its members spend in the majority no time with the Lord during the week. We are to busy of a people and most people if they spend any time with the Lord it is maybe a chapter of the Bible and then pray for five minutes and then we expect God to move mightily it does not happen that way. Praying fervently is the only thing that is going to change the church today. I one am tired of having the same old services and I realize I am part of the problem. I want to see God move in the church in a mighty way, but for him to do that I have to get off the fence of being hot one day for the Lord and then the next day fall into lukewarmness. The only way God can move like he wants is for each of his children to get their heart right and then to get in one mind and one accord and then his power will fall. I don't want to just have a church that merely exists but I want to have a church that people know they can come to and find the answer to all their problems. May the Lord help us all to look inside and get the garbage out so the Lord can move in a mighty way through us to help our churches. God bless you till next time.

No comments: