Thursday, November 03, 2005

The Sin Destroying America

Proverbs 14:34
Righteousness Exalteth a nation; but sin is a reproach to any people.

Before I get started I want to thank God that he allowed me to be born in the greatest nation in the world. This is one of the only nations that you have the right to express freely your religion whether it be the right one or not. However these rights are being taken away every single day. There are many things that bring reproach against the Lord. We have the sin of abortion which last count we have murdered 50 million babies. That is like 1/6 of our population today. We have the sin of sodomy that is running rapant in our nation. It is a sad day when the sodomite has more rights than the Christian. We have the sin of divorce. This is a sin God meant for a woman and man to stay together till death to they part. When 50 percent of marriages in the United States ends up in divorce that is a sin against a Holy God. These are all ungodly sins. However except for the last one most Christians do not partake in the first two.

Now the sin that I believe is destroying America is the sin of Idolatry. We know that the ungodly world promotes this sin. The sad thing is that this is a sin practice by the majority of the Church. Idolatry is anything that takes the place of the worship of God in our lives. I have to sadly say I have committed this sin in my life. There are many things that people put in place of the Lord. THey sometimes put jobs in place of the Lord in their lives. They sometimes place family in place of the Lord. Some put sports in place of the Lord. You have Christians that idolize a ungodly sports figure that most of the time is living in the life of sin and we wonder why there is not any power in our lives. However in our movement the idol that is set up in most people lives is the church. I know we are to serve the church but there are people that preach the church should be all of your life and the sad thing is most people get so bogged down with service that they set the church up as an idol in their lives. I have been their done that. If anything has God off the throne in our lives then we have commited the sin of Idolatry. Remember our ultimate command is to love the the Lord God with all our heart, soul, and mind. I don't know if this is possible all the time but I know we must strive towards it in our lives. The reason I believe America is what she is today is because the church has no power because of this sin of Idolatry. May the help us to examine ourselves to see if we are committing this sin, and if we are may we repent of this sin and get the power of God back into our lives and into the church and maybe we will see more people get saved. May the Lord bless you till next time.

2 comments:

sis. julie said...

Okay...I'm going to try this again. I tried to leave a comment yesterday but it wouldn't let me. And I tried twice!! I too have been guilty of idolatry in my Christian life. And I find myself being tempted of this same sin often. I never want to put anyone or anything before God but we do it without realizing it. Thank God we have the Holy Spirit to let us know when we are guilty of this and He gives us the opportunity to get it right. I love the Lord and thank Him for saving a wretch like me!!!

sis. julie said...

Good post by the way!!