Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Giving Thanks

Ps 107:1, Ps 136:1
O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good:for his mercy endureth forever.

As we entered this time of thanksgiving this year I am reminded that everyday should be a day of thanksgiving for the Christian. We are told in scripture that it is the will of God to give thanks in everything. I believe one of the problems with the body of Christ is we forget to give thanks to the Lord on a daily basis. He has done so much for us and he is worthy of all our thankfulness. I thank God that at this time of the year as we celebrate thanksgiving that many people that don't even name the name of Christ even give thanks to the Lord. I was thinking of several areas this morning that we should be thankful for.

I. Our Country.
I am not proud what America is today with the zest pool of sin, but I thank God he allowed me to be born in this country. I was born in a country that had the freedom of preachers getting up each Sunday and preaching the Word of God so I could trust Jesus as my Savior. We were not born in a poor country where even today people are worrying where they will get there next meal from. People worry about when they worship if someone will come and take them to prison or kill them on the spot. I thank God I have the freedom in this country to take my Bible to work and read it each and everyday, and not only that we can have God's Holy Word in its entirety yet so many neglect his Word.

II. Being A Christian.
I thank the Lord this morning that I am not a Buddhist, or Mormon or Jehovah Witness, but that I am Christian. I thank God that on August 10 1993 the sweet Holy Ghost came and convicted my heart and showed me my need for a Savior and that I trusted him and now I am going to heaven. I realize this morning that there are many out there that do not know Christ and I realize that there are many in the world today that have not even heard the gospel once. Praise the Lord that i am a Christian this morning.

III. For My Church.
I thank God that I belong to a church that is in the right way. I thank GOd that I have a preacher that preaches the WOrd of God straight down the line. I thank God that I have a church to when I am weak that I find strength to go on. I thank GOd that I have a church that when I am burden down that I can lay my burdens down. I have a church that hates sin and preached the kjv. I thank GOd that his presence shows up at our church.

IV. For Christians.
I thank God that I know Christians that when I need prayer they will pray. I thank God that I have Christian friends that when I am doing wrong they are not afraid to rebuke me. I thank God that I have Christian friends so I can talk about spiritual things and that I don't have to be drawn to worldly people.

In Closing so many things to be thankful for, but as we go through this time of thanksgiving may we take a few extra minutes to just thank the Savior for all he does. I hope everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving and until next time God Bless.

1 comment:

sis. julie said...

God bless you Bro. Tim. I thank God for you and your wife. You two have been such a blessing to me and my family!! I too am thankful for the salvation that I have and for the country that I live in and for our church and most of all for a pastor that stands without apology for Christ and against sin...even though he is my husband...he is my pastor and I couldn't ask for a better one!! God has truly blessed us abundantly...may we NEVER forget that!!