Monday, October 03, 2005

What are you pressing for?

I press toard the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:14

The apostle paul is writing here. Paul in verse 19 said that I might know him. As I sit here this evening typing this is should be are hearts desire. The sad thing is many Christians are aiming at nothing in their life. They like staying right where they are at. I am convinced that if we stay in the same place we will eventually die. God don't want us living an average Christian Life. He wants us to live a spiritual life. He wants us to have victory in all areas of our lives. We choose how far we go with God. We can be as close as we want to the Lord. The sad thing is there are only a handful that yield to the Lord to acheive this in their lives.

There is a prize at the end of this when all is said and done. HOw many will truly get this prize. I was just thinking of a few things that we should be pressing for in our life.

I We should be pressing to be a Better Student of the Word of God.
We are suppose to read the word, study the word, meditate on the word and memorize the Word. We will never know everything in the Bible, however I believe we can know more than we do. There should be goals in our life concerning the Word of God.

II. We should be pressing to be a Better Servant in the Work of God.
I pray all who read this are doing something in the house of God. We weren't saved to sit in a pew. We all can do something in the house of the Lord. It could be teaching, it could be singing, in could be cleaning the church or anything else concerning his work. It could be us just being a servant to one another. THe christian should have the mind set of trying to be a blessing to someone else.

III. We should be pressing to be a better Soulwinner in the Witness of God.
I am going to take this from a different direction. How many times do we stop when someone says they are not ready to get saved. The key ingredient to be a soulwinner is to have the power of God in our life. If we don't have his power in our life we will never be the soulwinner we could be.

To close these are just a couple of thoughts that the Lord has given me. You ask me how I am doing on these and I need to do better in all areas in my own life. I pray the Lord would help us to rely on him more, as we endeavor to do these things in our lives. May the Lord bless you till next time.

2 comments:

Bro Tim said...

I believe I have fixed this up.

Sis. Julie said...

Yes you have and I'm so glad. Thank you!!