Thursday, October 13, 2005

A New Start

Ps 51:7b wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
The psalm here is written by David after he commits sin with Bathsheba. This is one of my favorite passages in the whole bible because I have to use it often. The bible tells us in I John 1:9 that if we confess our sin he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. I was thinking about when we get saved. We all have a past that we are not very fond of. I know there are things in my past no one but the Lord and I know about. I don't tell people what things I use to be involved in that is no one business. When we got saved he wash us from all our sins. Jesus when he died and shedded his own blood made away for all those sins to be washed away. I don't understand how he did but the Bible tells us as far as the east is from the west so far hath he removed our transgressions. It also tells us he don't remember our sins anymore thank GOd for that. I just thank GOd for the day he saved me it was a brand new start.

However, we all get our feet soiled again in this world we all make mistakes in this world. We all have times that we must get that clean feeling again. This is why it is so important to keep short accounts of sin in our lives. I am glad that GOd in his faithfulness doesn't give up on me as a person. I fail him so many times and I get so tired and weary of doing it, but he always there in his love and his mercy and puts his arms around us and says he still loves us. That is the greatest blessing we have as Christians besides being saved which is the most important blessing. I thank GOd when I sin I can get under that blood and be whiter than snow.

THen there is the last new start. That is when we leave this world in the rapture or in death. We get a new body like until the Lords. THere will be no way of sinning ever again. There will be no Satan trying to get us to fall every day. There will be no dealing with the flesh anymore that will be a great day. We will finally do Phil 4:8 we will think pure thoughts all the time. It will be a brand new start in the heavenlies that day.

In Closing thank the Lord that we can get a brand new start each and every day. All we have to do is go to him in repentance tell him what we did and asked forgiveness and he forgives. THis is why we should try our best each and everyday to yield to the Holy Spirit so we can be used of him in mighty ways. Until the next time God BLess.

No comments: