Monday, October 24, 2005

Free Free Free

John 8:36
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

I was thinking of the song Thank God I am Free. We use to sing that song a lot at our other church. Sometimes I think we forget that we are free this morning. Think about the chorus Thank God I am Free, free, free from this world of sin, what a powerful thought this morning that when I trusted Christ as my Savior I gain freedom from sin in my life. We choose to sin against the Lord. He has set us free. I thank God that we have advocate in the Lord Jesus Christ but the more we see what Jesus did for us the more we should be living for him. I am not free as a christian to do what I want the Bible tells us that we have been bought with a price. We have so many christians that are in bondage to something in their life, or they have a stronghold in their life. Some struggle with smoking, some struggle with music some struggle with worldly entertainment and I am sure there are many other things people struggle with this morning. I am reminded in Romans that we are dead to sin, alive to God. When we got saved the old man was buried and we have a new nature. We choose to ressurect to old man when ever we sin. Please don't get me wrong we will not have sinless perfection but I do believe this morning that we can probably sin less than we do. What is the key to conquouring sin in our life, or what is the key to living a spirit filled life. THis is so simply stated in the Bible but it is probably the hardest thing we have to do in our CHristian lives. This thing has been preached many times since I have been saved but I still struggle with it on a daily basis. It is Crucifying the flesh. The reason we don't have victory in every area of our life is we are not dead to the old man. THe reason we have attitudes, or we have rebellion, or we have wrong conversations is because we have not crucified the flesh. When we die to self nothing will bother us. If you go up to a dead body and talk to it, it is not going to say anything back. This is where we as Christians need to be we can not lot our feelings dictate how we treat other people. You think about whenever I have attitude with family, friends, or co workers it is because I am not dead. I have seen what happens when I crucify the flesh, and I have seen when I haven't. There is a big difference. We are free this morning. If you have an area in your life that you are struggling with the old man must die before you have victory. May the Lord bless you till next time.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Praise the Lord I'm Free!! I too have seen what happens when I crucify the flesh, and unfortunatly I have also seen the consequences of not crucifying the flesh. It is a daily battle, one that we can only win through walking in the spirit and not in the flesh. That post was a blessing to me. Thanks Bro. Tim!!