Monday, September 12, 2005

God is Good

Psalm 107:1

O Give Thanks unto the Lord, for he is good;for his mercy endureth forever.

A short post tonight but as I was sitting here thinking about what to put on my post I thought I just brag on the Lord for a few minutes tonight. God has been so good to me. Though many times I am not what I need to be for God still is good in spite of me. HE can't help it tonight it is his character to be good. Our character is not always to be good to people or to God. There are so many area he is has been good to me. He Saved my Soul when I was 17. He called to preach when I was a young Christian. He called to the ministry when I was 24. He gave us his Word so we can walk in the light and not in darkness. He allowed me to be born in this great country. He could of allowed me to be born where the Gospel is not preached. He has been so good. He allows me the health so can provide for my family. He gave me a submissive wife. I know preachers who their wife don't submit always to the authority of the husband. I also know Christians whose wifes don't sumbit to the authority of their husband. I don't have to worry about that. He gave me good friends who I can confide in that I don't have to worry about blabbing my business to everyone. He gave me a great Pastor who preaches the truth and stands on the Word of God. YOu see he has been very good. Even when we go through tough times he is still good to us. A little different tonight but I feel this is what the Lord would have me put on the blog tonight. How has God been good to you? After reading this post take a few minutes and do what the verse since give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. Until next time God Bless YOu.

1 comment:

sis. julie said...

Bro. Tim....God has been better to me than I deserve. He saved my soul in 1994. He changed my life completely. If I hadn't gotten saved when I did I'd possibly be in hell today for that is where I was headed in the lifestyle I was living. I wouldn't have my home together today. My home was headed for divorce till God saved me then a few weeks later saved my husband. He called my husband into the ministry and therefore put our family in the ministry with him. It has been a joy to serve the Lord with my husband and children. Not all wives can say that this morning. Many are serving the Lord without the benefit of a saved husband let alone a husband who is living right and serving the Lord with them together. God has provided for my every need and continues to lead me and guide me in each day that He gives me. I'm so unworthy and undeserving of His love let alone His blessings on my life. Thank you for this post. I like to take any opportunity I can to brag on my Jesus!! I love Him sooooo much!!