Saturday, July 16, 2005

What to do when you have had Enough

I Kings19:4
But he himself went a days journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree, and requested for himself that he might die; and said It is enough; now, O Lord, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers


The prophet Elijah had just performed many miracles and proving Baal a liar, and then Jezebel says she is going to kill Elijah. THis is one of the greatest prophets in the Scripture later on he is taken up without even seeing death. However this woman causes him to flee and he goes into the wilderness gets under a tree and tells the Lord I have had enough let me die.

As Christians sometimes I believe we get to the point of saying Lord would you just take me home. I am tired of all that I am going through.

We go through Financial Problems.
We go through Self Problems.
We Go throught Situation that We don't Understand.
I am sure there are many others that we go through. We just get tired in living right in this sinful world, and get to the point where we wonder is anyone else trying to live right.
I was thinking of some things we can do when we have had enough.

I. We could just give up.
We could just throw the towel in and say that is it Lord I want no more apart of this, I am just so tired of this. The sad thing is many Christians get to this point and do throw the towel in. Oh they still go to church, pay money, sing, teach but inside they have just given up. THis is the Easy thing to do giving up, but we can't give up we must keep lifting high the royal banner and proclaim Jesus is Lord.

II. We could just run.
We could do what Elijah did run from the problem, run from the situation. We could just go on and never deal with the problem. We could act like it was never there. This don't work either because until we deal with the problem it will always come back until it is dealt with.

III. We could just Rely.
Here is what we do when we have had enough.

A. Get Spiritual Food.
We need to get in the Word of God. We must seek the Lord and seek an answer to our problem.
B. Get on our Knee's.
Get ahold of the Lord of hosts in our life.
C. We must hear the Voice of God.
God fed Elijah and then took him into the mountains and he heard the voice of God. The only thing that gets us out of this mold is we must hear His Voice. People can try to get us out. The Pastor can try to get us out, but the only one that will get us out is God. When we hear his voice it gives us strength to go on.

IN Closing We must realize that God knows everything we are going through. He knows what we need to make it through the I had Enough times. We must never give up, We must never run, but we must rely on him this may be the Lord's way of getting back in that sweet fellowship with him.

1 comment:

sis. julie said...

Oh boy have you hit the nail on the head with this one!!! I've been to the point of giving up lately with all that I've been dealing with concerning my kids. God only knows the hurt that I've been going through. But when I think of giving up He reminds me that He never gave up on me!! I ran from Him for a long time before getting saved and He NEVER gave up on me!! And He is still working on me. I'm so thankful for the Holy Spirit that lives inside me to remind me of these things. If it weren't for Him and what Christ did for me I'd have given up a long time ago. And I pray I never do!!