Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Waiting on the Lord

First I would like to apologize for not putting anything new on my post. I have been having trouble getting on my computer.

The thought for this post in Waiting on the Lord. The Bible has some things to say about this waiting.
Ps 27:14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart, wait I say on the Lord.
Lam 3:25 The Lord is good for them that wait for him, , to the soul that seeketh him.

In my Christian Life this is one of the hardest things for me to do. However I believe it is one of the most important things a Christian must learn to do. In society we are so use to doing things when we want to, and getting the answers we need when we want to. There are somethings that God wants us to wait for sometimes we can't handle God doing it for us right now.

Sometimes God wants us to wait for his Will in our LIfe. I know that we have somethings in the scripture we know that are God's Will. We know it is God's Will for us to be saved, We know it is God's will for us to be surrendered, we know it is God's Will for us to be Seperated, and We know it is God's Will for us to be Spirit-filled.

I. It hard to wait for God's Place of Service in the Ministry.
I have a deep desire to pastor a Church, and I want to so bad, but so far I am in a waiting period. God's knows my heart but I want it done in God's Time. Sometimes many preachers step out of God's will and try to help him along and get a church and destroy their Christian Life because they were not ready for it. Even missionaries jumping out of God's will and they just were not willing to wait on the Lord.

II.It is hard to wait for God to Save Our lost family members.
God tells us that we are to believe by faith that God will do things in our life. One thing that is close to many Christian's life is seeing family saved. We get discouraged sometimes that God don't save them when we want him too, or when it seems like they will never get saved, but we must pray harder, weep harder, and I believe we will see them save. It says he will perform everything that ask according to his will and it is will for them to be saved. We must learn to wait on this in our lives.

III. It is hard to wait for God to Move in Church.
One thing lacking in most churches is God's presence. We beg God to move and then nothing happens. People stay lost, People stay in their backslidden condition. However we know God wants to move it is just matter of waiting on God to see what he is going to do. God may be just waiting for group to get alone with him and seek him a little bit more.

IV. It is hard to wait on God to answer prayer.
God sometimes waits to answer prayers in our life. Sometimes I believe just so we seek him a little harder in our life. We know Abba Father wants to answer our prayers, it is just a matter of us waiting on his timing. Child of God be encourage that as long as we are right with him he will give us an answer. Sometimes no, or yes, or wait.

To close everything that God does in our lives has to be in his Timing. Somethings we just couldn't handle if he did them right now. As the Pslamist said We must wait on him and again we must wait on him.

2 comments:

sis. julie said...

Very good post Bro. Tim. This is my biggest problem. I do tend to try to help God out when things aren't happening in the time frame I think it should. I'm trying to learn this concept of "waiting" but like you said it is very difficult. I've been waiting now for 10 years to see my parents and my brother saved. And I know it will happen...I just have to stay out of the way. As for your desire to pastor...I can understand that....Bro. Ron went through that as well. He just had to pray, wait and serve where God had him till the door opened. God knows when you will be ready to move out to pastor. There must be more to sit and learn in the meantime. We love y'all and are praying for you. In the meantime we need to all band together and pray for God's presence in our church. I'm praying more than I have in a long time for that to happen!! And I'm praying believing it will happen!!

Kristina said...

Thank you Bro.Tim. That was a good post. I was having some trouble waiting on some things. That helped me to realize that it just may not be time yet! Thanks.