Monday, July 25, 2005

God's Forgiveness

If the Lord will help me the next few posts I want to deal with this subject of forgiveness. This is something each of us must practiced in our lives. God commands us to forgive one another no matter what the hurt, no matter what the sin. We as Christians our not to carry any unforgiveness in our hearts. The sad thing is the body of Christ as much unforgivness today, and we wonder why we don't don't see God show up like he wants too. I don't want to deal with us today I want to talk about the Lord's forgiveness on this post.

IJohn 1:9
If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

God is plentious in forgiveness. He willing to forgive anyone if they come on his terms.

His Forgiveness in Salvation.
We have to ask him to forgive us of our sin. We all had a sin nature and sin people go to Hell for is the Sin of Unbelief. When God forgave us he forgave us of all our sins. When God saved us he knew what I was, and what am, and what I am going to be.
A.He forgave Past
B.He forgave Present
C.He forgave Future
Psalm 103:12
As Far as East in from west so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. When we got saved he see's Christ blood.

His Forgiveness in Stumblings
We all stumble in our Christian walk. We all make mistakes and fail our Lord. We are not perfect. Just because God's forgiveness is their it does not mean we should cheapen his forgiveness. God is plentous in forgiveness but we should not abuse his forgiveness. We shouldn't sin just because we know God will forgive us. We probably have all been guilty of this in our lives.
Confess in the verse at the top of this post means to agree with God. For us to get forgiveness we have to agree with God that it is sin. That is our part. God's part is he is faithful, and just, to cleanse from all unrighteousness. Thank the Lord that he does forgive even when we do cheapen his forgiveness.


To close this post on God's forgiveness. We know the reason we have forgiveness is that Jesus came and died on the cross for our sins, he shed his blood and then took it to heaven with him. This is going to lay the foundation for the next couple of posts. We need forgive because God forgave us of everything. When God forgives he forgives, may the Lord help us to be like Christ in this area.

1 comment:

sis. julie said...

This has never really been a problem in my life...even when I was lost. At least concerning other people....my problem is forgiving myself. I find it hard to do that. I beat myself up so much of the time over the littlest things. This is one of the MANY areas of my life that I'm praying for the Lord to help me with!! Good post Brother!!